Full-Stack Web Developer at STAT News (August 2015–Present)
- Develop and launch a news website using WordPress, Sass, ES6, and Vue.
- Work with editors, designers, and other developers to implement new features and fix bugs.
- Research, implement, and present on new tools and methodologies.
- Refactor code and review other developers’ code.
- Build and ship a redesign and a paywall in about two months.
Full-Stack Web Developer at EF Educational Tours (September 2013–August 2015)
- Mentored and trained other developers; conducted code reviews.
- Collaborated closely with designers, copywriters, business stakeholders, and other developers.
- Present to business stakeholders and other developers.
Senior Front-End Developer at Icon Interactive (August 2012–September 2013)
- Brainstormed, refined, and sketched concepts for projects. Helped write proposals and specifications.
- Wrote coding guidelines, and introduced tools including LESS, JSHint, and BrowserStack.
- Researched and compared content management systems; presented findings to client.
Front-End Developer at 352 Inc. (August 2011–August 2012)
- Presented and wrote on responsive design, building faster websites, and web fonts.
- Reviewed other developers’ code, provided feedback, fixed cross-browser bugs, and answered questions.
- Built open source jQuery plugins, and extended existing tools.
Web Developer at Boston University (August 2009–August 2011)
- Developed WordPress websites, working closely with developers, designers, faculty, and support.
- Designed interface mockups, web forms, and information architecture.
- Wrote HTML, CSS, PHP, and jQuery code for WordPress websites, plugins, and themes.
- Tested, revised, and deployed code. Found and resolved Section 508 compliance issues.
- Wrote internal and user-facing documentation, and led document reorganization project.
Boston University (August 2004–May 2008)
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- Completed graduate courses in web application development and information security (Boston University, 2010–2011).
- Completed course in Human-Computer Interaction (Coursera, 2012). Received Studio Track statement of accomplishment.