Full-Stack Web Developer at STAT News (August 2015–Present)
- Develop a rich, responsive news site, building from the ground up.
- Create new WordPress plugins, and contribute to open-source plugins.
Full-Stack Web Developer at EF Educational Tours (September 2013–August 2015)
- Mentor and train other developers, conduct code reviews, and lead weekly front-end developer meeting.
- Collaborate closely with designers, copywriters, business stakeholders, and other developers.
- Present to business stakeholders and other developers; write documentation.
Senior Front-End Developer at PROD4ever/Icon Interactive (August 2012–September 2013)
- Brainstormed, refined, and sketched concepts for projects. Helped write proposals and specifications. Researched tools.
- Wrote coding guidelines, and introduced tools including LESS, JSHint, and BrowserStack to the agency’s workflow.
- Researched and compared content management systems; presented findings to Def Jam executives at their offices.
Front-End Developer at 352 Inc. (August 2011–August 2012)
- Presented and wrote on responsive design, building faster websites, and web fonts.
- Reviewed other developers’ code, provided feedback, fixed cross-browser bugs, and answered questions.
- Built open source jQuery plugins, and extended existing tools.
Web Developer at Boston University (August 2009–August 2011)
- Developed WordPress websites, working closely with developers, designers, faculty, and support.
- Designed interface mockups, web forms, and information architecture.
- Wrote HTML, CSS, PHP, and jQuery code for WordPress websites, plugins, and themes.
- Tested, revised, and deployed code. Found and resolved Section 508 compliance issues.
- Wrote internal and user-facing documentation, and led document reorganization project.
Support Analyst at Top Dog Solutions (July 2008–August 2009)
- Collaborated with programmers, the CEO, and partner companies to resolve issues. Wrote documentation.
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Bachelor of Arts in Biology (August 2004–May 2008). GPA: 3.20.
- Completed graduate courses in web application development and information security (Boston University, 2010–2011).
- Completed course in Human-Computer Interaction (Coursera, 2012). Received Studio Track statement of accomplishment.
- Front-End Web Development
- Back-End Web Development
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, PHP, MongoDB, SQL.
- User Experience Design
- Photoshop, Balsamiq Mockups, storyboarding, user testing, pen-and-paper wireframes.