Ryan DeBeasi — Resume
Engineering Lead, Liberty Mutual Design System at Liberty Mutual Insurance (July 2021–Present)
- Develop accessible, reusable React and Angular components to be used throughout the organization.
- Mentor other developers though pair programming, conversation, and problem-solving.
- Lead architecture decisions by prototyping, learning about users' needs, and building consensus.
Senior Software Engineer at Liberty Mutual Insurance (August 2019–July 2021)
- Deliver mobile-first experiences for claim management, utilizing modern web technology and microservices.
- Enhance performance, security, stability, and functionality of Node/GraphQL back end and React front end.
- Collaborate through pair programming, facilitation, and cross-functional conversations.
Independent Consultant (April 2019–August 2019)
- Developed a microsite and other projects using React, Redux, and Sass, collaborating closely with client teams.
Senior Consulting Engineer at Red Hat Open Innovation Labs (December 2018–April 2019)
Consulting Engineer at Red Hat Open Innovation Labs (April 2017–December 2018)
Developed modern web applications using Angular, React, Vue, Node.js, OpenAPI, and OpenShift.
Taught and mentored other developers through pair programming, presentations, and code reviews.
Delivered high-quality code quickly by writing automated tests, Jenkins pipelines, and Ansible playbooks.
Facilitated workshops on design thinking, domain-driven design, iterative delivery, and team culture.
Full-Stack Web Developer at STAT News (August 2015–April 2017)
Developed a news website, a paywall, a design system using WordPress, Sass, ES6, and Vue.
Full-Stack Web Developer at EF Educational Tours (September 2013–August 2015)
Senior Front-End Developer at Icon Interactive (August 2012–September 2013)
Front-End Developer at 352 Inc. (August 2011–August 2012)
Led a transition to responsive design by developing, mentoring, and speaking.
Web Developer at Boston University (August 2009–August 2011)
Developed WordPress websites and plugins, working closely with developers, designers, faculty, and support.
Boston University (August 2004–May 2008)
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology
Other Coursework & Learning
- AWS Certified Developer, Associate (Amazon.com, 2020)
- Completed course in Human-Computer Interaction. (Coursera, 2012)
- Completed graduate courses in web application development and information security. (Boston University, 2010–2011)